What is FreeEnc?
FreeEnc is a free MPEG-2 encoder, which uses avcodec library to encode. Some of its features include:
- Allows the use of templates
- Takes avisynth scripts as input
- Highly tweakable: all avcodec parameters are available for tweaking
- Highly tweaked: comes with templates already configured for great results
- Lots of stats: average bitrate, time to end and much more
- Shows a Bitrate Viewer-like bitrate allocation graph in real time
FreeEnc can be used with DIKO and
it's already bundled in its install package. It can also be used as
standalone encoder. Get it now on the download page!